- Invoking the Name while other than He is in your heart. - James 1:8; Mt. 6:24; Lk. 9:62; Ecc. 7:29
- Un-Christian behavior. - Rom 2:24
- Not reverencing the Name. - Mt. 6:9
- Taking the Name without giving up material attachments. Those who still want material pleasures won’t enjoy invoking the Name. Bottom line, if you are not invoking with dependence on the Name, you are clinging to material attachments. - Phil. 2:9; Lk. 12:33-34; 1Jn.2:16; Mt. 6:33.
- Giving the Name to unqualified people. Mt. 7:6; 13:11; Ps.25:14; 1Cor. 2:9-14
- Professing God’s Name but not living answerable to it -Mt. 12:36; Rom 1:21-22; 14:12
- In invoking avoid the three lines of distraction: 1) daily concerns; 2) memories; 3) the “what ifs” of the future. -Mt. 6:33;Phil 2:5; 2Cor. 10:3-5; Eph. 6:10-18
- The action of an offense is that gradually attraction to the Holy Name is destroyed and one begins to regard the spiritual as material. - 1John 2:15-17.
- If you make offense to the Holy Name, then it’s to the Holy Name you must go for relief and restoration. You can’t receive forgiveness for offenses to the Holy Name except from the Holy Name. - Heb 4:16. When I say “Jesus” there is mercy for my sins. -Mt. 11:28; Mk. 10:46 -52; Jn. 1:29
- We can get out of the offenses of the vast intermediate zone by being sorry for being there. -Rev.3:16
- Arrange your life so that you can invoke with attentiveness. Give up all bad associations and data exposure. 2 Cor. 6:14-18.
- Invocation is especially weakened by material desires. - Josh. 24:15; Mt. 6:24; 1Kings 18:21
- What is the use of controlling the mind? Simply invoke the Name and hear. - Lk. 1:31; Rev. 3:22
- When others show up simply say: “I love you, invoke! I have to finish my strands.” -Rev. 2:5; 1Cor. 7:20; Eph. 4:1-7; Acts 26:19.
- To achieve success in devotion to the Name one must practice three forms: invoking, hearing, and remembering.- 1Cor. 14:40
- Embrace the “Essential Teaching” and then taste. Ps. 34:8; Zeph. 3:12. Invoking the Name frees one from any desire other than the named.
When will that day be when with a steady mind, sitting in a secluded place, I will invoke the Holy Name of Jesus. The lamentable bondage of worldly existence will no longer echo in my ears and the deterring body will not disturb me. If a non-prayer sees me invoke, I feel world’s apart - how much I value the Prayer Rope and invocation. With this wealth I have the very real hope to improve and not worsen.
One of the saddest verses in the Bible: “to whom He said, ‘This (Invocation/Prayer Rope) is the resting place, let the weary rest,” and ‘this is the place of repose’ but they would not listen.” -Isa. 28:12 -Seraphim
So God said: “I shall leave but a humble and lowly people among you whose refuge will be the Name of the Lord.” -Zeph. 3:12