During the month of October we pray a specific intention for each day, beginning today October 1st. If you'd like to join us in this prayer here are the intentions for each day of this month:
- May I be obedient, doing exactly what God says, immediately, with the right heart attitude. Acts 5:29; Rom. 1:5; Heb. 5:9
- May I continue to grow through deepening The Prayer. Psalm 42:7; 64:6
- May I have stability of place and vocation. Ps.16:8; ICor. 7:20
- May I relinquish doubt and embrace faith. Rom.4:20-25; 14:23.
- May I relinquish certitude and embrace paradox. Rom.8:28,29.
- May I relinquish apathy and embrace fidelity. Jms. 4:17; 2Cor. 5:15
- May I relinquish power and embrace vulnerability. Lk 18:9; Prov. 3:5,6. Ps. 78:7
- May I relinquish prestige and embrace humility. Prov.6:16, 17; Jms 4:6
- May I relinquish possessions and embrace poverty. Mt.5:3; Lk.1:53
- May I relinquish the old self and embrace the new self. Eph. 4:22-24; Col. 3:9-10
- May I be salt in a savorless world. Mt.5:13
- May I be light in a darkened world. Mt. 5:14; Jn 1:5
- May I be leaven in a flattened world. Mt.13:33
- May I be branch in a barren world. Jn 15:5
- May I be pulled from my comfort zones to suffer the world’s sufferings. Col. 1:24; 1Cor12:26; Heb 11:25; 13:3.
- May I walk the path I pray and pray the path I walk. Lk. 18:1; 1Tim2:8; Mt.4:19
- May I become a World Christian by ceasing to be a worldly one. Mk 16:15; Acts1:8; 1Jn 2:15
- May I bear my cross, realizing it is made up of all the crosses that are refused to be carried, mine and theirs. Mk 10:21
- May I come to realize and experience that God is perfectly hidden and perfectly revealed in each moment. Mt. 28:10b, 20b.
- May I be flung out to the furthest places by a centrifugal Love. Mk 16:15
- May I be pulled into the center by his centripetal Love. Lk 17:21; Acts 17:28; Mt. 11:28.
- May Jesus be revealed in and through my life. Mt.5:16.May I seek not so much to be stimulated as to trust the ordinariness of the present moment. Mt. 6:19-21; Phil. 3:8.
- May I seek not so much to be stimulated as to trust the ordinariness of the present moment. Mt. 6:19-21; Phil. 3:8
- May I trust my life, surrendered to Him, to be enough for God to do what He desires. 2Cor. 10:12,13
- May I embrace that for which there is no substitute. Lk. 10:38-42; Acts 4:12; Ps. 84:3a
- May I find that being deprived of prayer is more painful than being deprived of the answer to prayer. Jer.33:3
- May I let go, let God and let be. Prov. 3:5,6.
- May I understand fully the question that makes Jesus the answer. Phil. 2:5
- May I be more for Jesus than I am against something. Mt. 6:33
- May He increase and I decrease. Jn 3:30
- May I love everybody; love without limits. Jn 13:34,35; Jn 3:16; Mt 5:43-46.
In the news relative to our Mission Outreach in Sierra Leone:
James reports they are working hard to maintain and upgrade the school
We still need 100 more uniforms. A donation of $25 buys two uniforms. Our goal is to provide two uniforms for every student so they have a change of clothes within the school week. Please consider making a donation today. Thank you.